virgoreader

giving you book recommendations that'll brighten your day

What to Read Next

Sunday Spotlight: Mafia and Slow Burn Fantasy...

Indie romance is probably 90% of what I read... maybe more. 

An indie book is a book published by an independent publisher - also known as any publisher outside the "Big 5" (Hachette, Harper Collins, Penguin Random House, Macmillan, Simon & Schuster). Self published books are indie books as well. I'd say almost all Kindle Unlimited romance are indie books.

This Sunday Spotlight series will highlight indie romances you should check out!

Note: I haven't read all of these so check Goodreads/the author website for content warnings.

Authors, want your books to be part of my Sunday Spotlight series? This form has details for you.

1. Blood Mercy - Vela Roth

  • fantasy series
  • fated mates
  • human / immortal
One human. One immortal. Will their alliance save the kingdom, or will their forbidden love be a death sentence?

When Cassia seeks out a Hesperine, he could end her mortal life in a heartbeat. But she has no fear of his magic or his fangs. She knows the real monster is the human king, her father. If he finds out she’s bargaining with his enemy, he’ll send her to the executioner.

As a Hesperine diplomat, Lio must negotiate with mortals who hate him. Cassia is different, but politics aren't why she captivates the gentle immortal. He wants more than her blood, and if he can’t resist the temptation, he’ll provoke the war he's trying to prevent.

Blood and Ash fans will love this slow-burn, steamy romance with classic fantasy worldbuilding. Follow fated mates Cassia and Lio through their epic love story for a guaranteed series HEA.
Also, it features an absolutely stunning wraparound cover... I want to kiss authors who do this. 




2. The Reluctant Bride - Monica Murphy

  • mafia
  • arranged marriage
  • slow burn
  • cliffhanger
One moment I’m the forgotten daughter of one of the most wealthy families in the country, and the next I’m the blushing bride in an arranged marriage. My fate is sealed in my wedded union with a complete stranger.
In public, Perry Constantine is the life of the party. Easygoing. Adored. In private, he’s brooding. Dark. Angry. But so am I. It’s a contest of wills to see who will break in the bedroom first, and while I try to remain strong, I find myself craving the very man I swore to hate.
My husband.

3. De Lucci's Obsession - Victoria Page

  • mafia
  • best friend's brother
  • alpha, possessive hero
There was no escape when a De Lucci became obsessed.
All Ava McGrath wanted to do was save her family’s pub.
Even if that meant facing her best friend’s older brother.
But Cesar De Lucci wasn’t the man she remembered from long ago.
He’d become temptation in a three-piece Italian suit.

His piercing gaze unsettled her while each encounter with him stole her breath.
But Cesar’s shady connections to the mob might be Ava’s road to ruin.
The underworld tore her family apart, and her father still paid the price.

Ava should run.
Run far, far away.
Away from the insanity, intensity, and the reckless feelings spiraling between them.
Before the taste of his obsession becomes her addiction.

4. The Fire Prophecy - Megan Linski and Alicia Rades

  • magic/fantasy series
  • magical academy
  • opposites attract
Fire and Water don't mix.

Sophia
I'm Sophia Henley, your typical college freshman. I never expected a lion to be stalking me, nor for fire to come shooting out of my hands to protect my sister. Next thing I know, a drop-dead gorgeous guy shows up on my doorstep to sweep me away to a magical school, where I'll learn to control my element and bond with a powerful creature called a Familiar.
I don't believe I'm the savior of an ancient tribe, or the missing piece of a prophecy that's more myth than reality. Worst of all, I'm forced to enter the Elemental Cup, where I'll either earn my place in this society… or die trying.

Liam
The night I met Sophia, I didn't think we'd form an undeniable connection. But I'm from the Water tribe, and she's fire. I'm forced to push her away even as I'm falling for her.
I lost everything, yet Sophia makes me whole again. Our world is fixed on keeping us apart, but we're in this tournament together. We have to keep each other alive at any cost — or I'll give my life for hers. It's pretty clear.
If I continue to play with fire, I'm going to get burned.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *