virgoreader

giving you book recommendations that'll brighten your day

What to Read Next

Sweethand (Island Bites #1) - N.G. Peltier

★★★★ The Sweet Queen and Mixer King have been butting heads their whole life, but have to play nice when they take maid of honor / best man roles in a wedding.

I loved so much about this book! First of all, the cover… I mean it had to be said, it’s stunning - when I say I like illustrated covers THIS is what I mean. 

Then of course the setting and set up, not only on the island but the cast of characters we’re seamlessly introduced to. I think it helped that they’ve all basically grown up together so there’s a built in history. I’m excited for each to get their own book, the author set up a bunch of potential plots. 

And yes: the food was all so wonderfully described. The heroine Cherisse is a baker and runs her own business, and I was constantly hungry while reading. 

I really enjoyed both Cherisse and Keiran. Cherisse was cheated on by her ex, who’s in the music industry like Keiran, and that on top of rumors about Keiran’s reputation… and their long standing status as enemies means she’s not particularly warm to him. I actually enjoyed how closed off and nervous Cherisse was about getting involved, because I can so relate. Getting out of a bad relationship and swearing off men only to try a “lets hook up without feelings” thing? Yeah… sounds familiar to me my freshman year of college. 

I didn’t love the third act conflict, mainly because lying will never do it for me. I also wish we got an epilogue, a flash forward of even just a month later to see them together, post-her sister’s wedding. But this was seriously a great and entertaining read, I’m super excited for book 2.  

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *